Around Town: Wyoming Winter Music Festival
- Daphne, Isabelle, and Gene played in the Classical room on the third floor of the Center and wowed the crowds with their performance.
- The performers from the Class of 2017 bid farewell to the guests at the end of the evening.
- The Broadway space was complete with these six vocalists, New York City style pizza, and Big Apple Slices. Left to right: Carly, Ellie, Gareth, Quinn, Alex, and Annie.
- The Singer-Songwriter space was Nashville themed with BBQ, slaw, and passionate performances.
- The Celtic Fiddlers played in the ballroom under soft mood lighting – while a lightning storm lit the night sky outside the windows.
- The “Galway Gals” performed two traditional Irish songs in the Celtic space. Left to right: Libby, Sara, Sarah, Ava, and Cathy.
- These nuns from The Sound of Music sang Maria without their robes at the beginning of the event. Left to right: Rachel, Alex, Katy, and Ellie.
- Ian and Spencer enjoyed performing – and continued even after the event ended!
- The Celtic Fiddlers take a break to pose in the ballroom.
- The Woodwinds Quintet performed their sweet arrangements in the Classical Room. Left to right: Linda, Lila, Madeline, Noah, and Sam.
- The crowd gathered in the Wyoming Fine Arts Center ballroom at the beginning of the event to socialize surrounded by Scholastically recognized works of art by Wyoming High School students.
The Wyoming School Music Association hosted a successful Wyoming Winter Music Festival on Friday, February 24. Over 130 guests enjoyed musical performances by 67 Wyoming High School musicians at the Wyoming Fine Arts Center. Students performed in small and large group ensembles on different levels of the Center – including Classical, Broadway, Celtic, Singer-Songwriter, the cast of The Sound of Music, and a rousing finale by the Wyoming High School Jazz Band. Adults enjoyed dinner by the bite, beverages, and the Wyoming High School art exhibits in addition to the music. The event is a fabulous performance opportunity for students – as well as a successful fundraiser. Congratulations to all involved!